Tableau Tip: Embedding a Dashboard in a Dashboard
In this Tableau Tip I will show you how to embed a dashboard in another dashboard. Why would you want to do this? Will it create a rip in the Space-time continuum? (no promises on the 2nd one)
Embedding a dashboard in another dashboard will let you do interesting things like give your users a tabbed view with additional insights. If you’re a purist this could be considered blasphemy however in our modern times our users demand more and my recommendation is to give them what they want (most times)!
- Publish a workbook w/ 2 (or more) tabs you want to embed into another dashboard
- Get the share URL of that viz and add &:toolbar=no to the end of it
- Put a new web page object on your dashboard and paste in this URL
- Use Tableau Server or Tableau Online. Tableau Public will retain the branding on the bottom regardless of what you do.
- Set your embedded viz’s to fill the entire screen, otherwise it might not give you the resolution you want when embedded
- Use this power wisely