Ever wanted to include an ‘All' option in your Tableau parameters? Simple! Here's how:
- Create your parameter with the options available. In this example I'm creating one for [Region]. Make sure to manually add the ‘ALL' option.
- Drag the corresponding field you will be filtering on to the filters shelf
- Right click on the field and choose ‘Filter' then the ‘Condition' tab
- In the ‘By Formula' radio option on the bottom enter the formula below, replacing my [Region] fields with your own
- Revel in your accomplishment
IFNULL([Region],'Null') = IF [Region Parameter] != 'ALL' THEN [Region Parameter] ELSE IFNULL([Region], 'Null') END